Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 BloodShed Dev-C++ Graphics....
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:46 pm   Post subject: BloodShed Dev-C++ Graphics....

What #include do you use for this compiler, or how do your run simple line or pixel grapjics of this type of C++. I would prefer the way (if there is one) in DOS format, as I do not fully understand the Windows formatt, but any help would be appreciated
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there r two ways u could do this
1) Find some third party (somewhere on the net) graphics library for DOS or windows and use that
2) Use the OpenGL template in DevC++ and ignore the windows code, and play around with the opengl stuff

I would recommend the second one since opengl can do amazing things, but do the first one if u dont want to deal with the windows code

EDIT: Avoid the windows code altogether and use openGL with something like GLUT or SDL
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:12 pm   Post subject: I am new to C++.....

How do i acess opengl, and use it?
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: Scratch That, I can opne it...

But what does it do?
Does it follow the same Code as C++ (cout, cin etc.)
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if u use the opengl template that comes with devc++ it will set up a working program for u to play with

opengl is gfx library, similar to direct x it can be used for text, 2d graphics, 3d graphics,etc
It takes some time to know all of it tho
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh it takes "Some" time alright... specially if yer new to programming with graphics or 3d world...
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

opengl is too big a leap.. there are other cool apis available.. that are deisgned with opengl intergration..

2 good ones i know are SDL and Allegro

Dev cpp update manager will let u install them both

try it out and look at the examples
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: