Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Arcade syle side shooter
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
petree08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:35 pm   Post subject: Arcade syle side shooter

The point of this game is to kill some enemy planes and kill the boss

One Man Sqaudron.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  One Man Sqaudron.zip
 Filesize:  377.68 KB
 Downloaded:  669 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zethear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Arcade syle side shooter

how did you get it so multiple enemies came at you... I'm trying to make a tank game with multiple enemies and I'm completely stuck... a little help would be great...
andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

Cool game, but why did you make it so user's can't close it. I had to end the process.
petree08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

there is a quit option in the pause menu, press enter to reach pause menu. as for multiple enemies, have a look at arrays.
petree08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:57 am   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

wait, it's the space/bar to get to the menu sorry
Flying Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

Wow. I have an upcoming final assignment and for the life of me cannot get pause to work with Input pause. FFS It's so stupid, let alone get a menu to pop up.

I have input key, and then input pause and an menu image is suppose to show. What happens is I have to press the key twice for the image to show. WTf?!!

Can you attach a source code of just the pause or explain it to me please? Any help is beneficial.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

It's probably how you're doing. Make a new post along with your code. For future reference, we'd prefer it if you didn't post on old topics unless you have a relevant suggestion.
Flying Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Arcade syle side shooter

Well after some explanation from my partners (assignment) brother is that I should make a procedure if a key is pressed. We did that and it still does not work they way we want it to. The code has been greatly changed so far for the bullet shooting and collision along with other things.

We want it so that once you press p, it takes you to a pause menu, in which you can select your option with the mouse.

Survivor.t
 Description:
Cant seem to add the whole folder of the required things, but if you can, just tell me what I should do.

Download
 Filename:  Survivor.t
 Filesize:  17.36 KB
 Downloaded:  207 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

Sorry, I meant a new topic.

Anyways, basically what you want is something like this:

Turing:

proc pause
     loop
          do_pausing_stuff ()
          button_stuff ()
          exit when you_feel_like_it ()
     end loop
end pause

proc game
     loop
          play_game ()
          if key ('p') then
               pause
          end if
     end loop
end game

game ()

IS that what you're doing?
Flying Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

Generally that's what it was when we tried to make it a procedure, but we couldnt find the right place to stick it in. What happens is we tried that once you press a key, a black box opens.

For some reason nothing happened.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

Show me what you did, the code snippets used
Flying Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Arcade syle side shooter

Here is the new file. Pause is only input pause and pops up a black screen. Cant figure out for the life of me how to resume it. Say I click p. Then I can press i for instructions, etc... When I do that it just does not open instructions. Just the game screen. Also, If I click g to resume game how would I do that, for me it just resets the game from start and if you do that again it crashes because thereare too many bytes to allocate.

P.S. there is no pause procedure except the black screen in this version.

Grade 10 CPT.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Grade 10 CPT.rar
 Filesize:  20.31 MB
 Downloaded:  217 Time(s)

Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Arcade syle side shooter

You misunderstand me. Just show me the pause procedure, and the snippet where you actually use it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: