Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 turing 3D engine
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:58 pm   Post subject: turing 3D engine

At the moment I'm working on a 3D engine for turing. There isn't much to say about it right now. Basically it will be a module that will allow you to draw 3D models in your turing program. It will work much the same say as you use GUI to make buttons.

I attached a file of a sample render of a 3D animation. The code to animate it was:
code:

loop
for :1..360
rotate(1,1)
draw3D
end for
end loop

simple, isn't it? I will also be making a 3D modeling software so you don't have to write models in a notepad Wink

Also I will make a website dedicated to game programming and 3D engine for turing.

samplerotate.zip
 Description:
sample render in turing 3D engine

Download
 Filename:  samplerotate.zip
 Filesize:  269.3 KB
 Downloaded:  1355 Time(s)

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, well 3D engine is not as simple as I though... I encountered a number of obsticles while trying to add stuff other then rotating on XZ plane.

Basically now I figured out that I'm taking a wrong aproach of doing things and I'm going to try to reorganize my variables and rethink my strategies. Also I'll be taking a short break to clear my head. That actually helps sometimes as you begin to approach problems from a new angle.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
swizzbeats

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re; New to this page and turing

Hi im new to turing. I'd really like to learn some 3d engine.
Ive seen that Ooturing www.ooturing.cjb.net has a fully working engine. Do you think you could explain some more to me on how vectors work and FOV?[/url]
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I couldn't find an example of 3D engine on that site. If you could sent me an exact link, it'd be great.

I'll also be more then happy to teach you about 3D engines and their usage after I'll compleat my engine. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on making a separate website just for use of 3D in turing since its such a 'new' and 'complex' programming. If you have specific questions though, you can always ask in "Turing Help" forum.

For now, vectors are a way of storing images using math equations. So if its a straight line, instead of doing point(1):=1,1 points(2):=2,1 you can just have an equation that states that point starts at 1,1 and extends for 10 pixels at whatever angle.

Adobe Illustrator uses vector graphics and its great since you can edit stuff soo easily.
LiGH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey tony., is there any screen shots of ur 3d engine., i would sure like to see them
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very Happy
there's a file attached to the first message in this topic. Its a ziped exe file of a simple model rotating on XZ. But as I mentioned already, I'll be restarting my 3D engine project so it might end up looking a bit different.

I wanna add an option to draw edges in a different color to make the model more 3D looking (since if model is to be a single color, it will just look like a random polygon on the screen:wink:)
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

So, you're more trying to create a module to use as a Turing command then. I've found that 2D representation of 3D space is never as easy as it seems. There's always so much to take into consideration. Like Z values are a major factor for any point. Especially with Z-sorting. I'd really like to know how you worked it out, tony. Also Z values are the cause of minor distortion of the cube I posted (here and on Ooturing). I realized I didn't add any perspective to my program, so now I have to correct that as well. I think it's time I took a break! Smile

Nah... If anyone knows anything about the equation of a plane (Ax + By + Cz + D = 0) please let me know. Thx
Khromix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Speaking of 3-D, here's a stupid little simulation of a 3-d cube and a pyramid with a low-end interface to control it all. It's not even 3-d, though - just an illusion. Anyways, check it out it you want to - I've attatched it...

cube.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cube.t
 Filesize:  8.6 KB
 Downloaded:  1031 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: