Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 need help with an algorithm?
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm   Post subject: need help with an algorithm?

Hey all!

Are you beating your head off the keyboard trying to learn difficult algorithms? Want to gain an edge in competition programming? Well, I have a treat for you.

Hopefully TopCoder doesn't sue me for this but this link is all you need to learn pretty much every algorithm used in competitive programming contests. I strongly, STRONGLY, recommend the DP tutorial.

Wondering what people are talking about when they use terms like O(n^2)?
this link will help you greatly Very Happy

Well, now you need a place to practice all your elite coder knowledge! SPOJ is a pretty popular judge. They have thousands of problems and you can submit solutions anytime. My handle there is dr3w.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbi5291

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:02 am   Post subject: Re: need help with an algorithm?

saltpro15 @ Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm wrote:
Hey all!
Hopefully TopCoder doesn't sue me for this but this link is all you need to learn pretty much every algorithm used in competitive programming contests. I strongly, STRONGLY, recommend the DP tutorial.

You don't need any permission to link to a website. If any site tries to convince you that you need permission, it's complete BS.
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 am   Post subject: Re: need help with an algorithm?

:O
The secret is out... Rolling Eyes
... curses, I failed SRM 446 XD
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:31 am   Post subject: RE:need help with an algorithm?

I haven't even signed up for TopCoder yet, next year I think...

great tutorials though.

Brian, how's IOI?
bbi5291

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 am   Post subject: Re: need help with an algorithm?

I didn't do so well - my day 1 score is 269/400. The other Canadians got 320, 314, and 230, I think. This puts me in the silver range probably.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am   Post subject: RE:need help with an algorithm?

That's good. You have day 2 still right?
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:01 pm   Post subject: Re: need help with an algorithm?

Wow hanson only got 320? And some other person's only 6 behind him?
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:17 pm   Post subject: RE:need help with an algorithm?

I am assuming Peter W. got 230 and Robin got 314.

Congrats Brian. I thought IOI started at 15th.

I guess I was wrong.

I wish you guys all the best.

(P.S: Convey my regards to Peter W. Tell him I said hi )
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: