Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Filling a line design (is it Possible?)
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Naxirn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 pm   Post subject: Filling a line design (is it Possible?)

I've just started java recently, and I was getting into the graphics part of it. I was wondering if there was anyway to fill in a location with a color (like Turing's draw.fill command) in java.

What I pretty much did was create an isometric square using a bunch of drawlines and was hoping to fill it with a certain color, is there anyway to do this?

OR

is there a way to create an Isometric square with fill options besides using drawline commands?

[I'm using NetBeans 6.5.1 and JDK 5, and importing java.awt, java.swing atm]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DtY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Filling a line design (is it Possible?)

Is there a method to draw a filled polygon?

Filling a closed area is very inefficient, but if you want to, the algorithm is something like this (pseudo code):

code:
function fillarea(x, y, srcCol, dstCol) {
    /* scrCol is the current colour to search for */
    if pixel @ [x,y] is srcCol {
        set pixel @ [x,y] to dstCol
        fillarea(x+1, y, srcCol, dstCol)
        fillarea(x-1, y, scrCol, dstCol)
        fillarea(x, y+1, srcCol, dstCol)
        fillarea(x, y-1, srcCol, dstCol)
    }
}

There are more efficient methods, but they are harder to implement, and still would run slower than something that just drew a filled polygon.

[edit] indented
Naxirn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Filling a line design (is it Possible?)

Thanks Dty, found the polygon you were talking about, solve my problems. Thanks again!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: