Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Sending Text Messages From My Computer?
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AudioCanine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:08 pm   Post subject: Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

In a recent search done, I realized that there are numerous websites that will allow me to send text messages to peoples cellular phones. I tried the services out and found them to be quite useful but noticed that they lacked a few things. One of which was the ability to send bulk texts messages and the other, to schedule regular text message alerts for appointments and the such.

My question is; what code would I use to send a text message from my computer to a cellular phone? If this is too vague, feel free to make me clarify Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

Quote:
to schedule regular text message alerts for appointments and the such

I'm pretty sure every cellphone since the dawn of cellphones comes with an alarm function. why would you need to send auto text messages as alerts other than to possibly send bulk, automated, and otherwise unwanted messages, like those retarded muchmusic commercials always advertise.
DtY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

Is this only to your own phone? I hear that some service providers give you like cellnumber@text.provider.com and all emails there go to your phone.
AudioCanine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

This isn't an attempt at mass text bombardment, I am just interested in how sending text messages from a computer works from the programming end of things. Sad

*Edit* - My phone didn't come with any such email address. Though it is able to pick up emails without that type of a service.
matt271

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

there is some online service to send sms's but i dunno what it is.

i think it might be kind of like smtp for email

my host has an api to use their system to send sms's but it dosent let u do it directly.

i also wanna learn more about this Razz
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

something like this ?

I'm interested in this also...
BigBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

* Rogers Wireless: [10-digit phone number]@pcs.rogers.com
* Fido: [10-digit phone number]@fido.ca
* Telus: [10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com
* Bell Mobility: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
* Kudo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@msg.koodomobile.com
* MTS: [10-digit phone number]@text.mtsmobility.com
* President?s Choice: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
* Sasktel: [10-digit phone number]@sms.sasktel.com
* Solo: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
* Virgin: [10-digit phone number]@vmobile.ca

http://smartcanucks.ca/how-to-send-free-text-messages-to-rogers-fido-telus-bell-virgin-cell-phones-canada/

Also Fido and Rogers have implemented a additional fee to recieve text messages from email address I don't know because I have not seen a bill but this can be included in the fee to use msn messenger on your phone etc.

There may be more providers doing this and I also do not know the cost
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Sending Text Messages From My Computer?

www.clickatell.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: