Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Basic notepad app for Windows Mobile 6 Professional
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AudioCanine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:16 am   Post subject: Basic notepad app for Windows Mobile 6 Professional

I had installed PythonCE on my HTC Touch phone but as it turned out, there was no application that came with the phone that would let me save text files with a custom extension (.py) So I decided to write an application in Visual Basic through the Windows Mobile 6 SDK to solve the problem. Here is the app.

*Note* - Tried running this app on another computer and it didn't work. If you have this issue then hopefully the included source is helpful.

basicPad.zip
 Description:
basicPad

Download
 Filename:  basicPad.zip
 Filesize:  57.52 KB
 Downloaded:  837 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Basic notepad app for Windows Mobile 6 Professional

how is the HTC Touch? I'm considering buying one
AudioCanine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Basic notepad app for Windows Mobile 6 Professional

At first I hated the phone. It has all of the usual Windows "features" that cause the phone to do things you don't want it to. But then I discovered PythonCE and the Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK add on for Visual Studio and I love the phone again. Once you start writing your own apps and services for the phone, it becomes a wonderful playground in which the possibilities are endless. Now if you live in North America you're a bit out of luck as the European model of the HTC Touch has built in Wi-Fi where as the American one doesnt but don't let that get you down. I would give it a run with the 14 (or how ever long your provider gives) trial and if you like it then great, other wise no ham no foul and exchange it for something else. Very Happy
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Basic notepad app for Windows Mobile 6 Professional

cool, thanks!
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: