Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 am   Post subject: [Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

The video below will show you how to basically change the ICON on your projects. The 'EXE' is the video file so enjoy!

The programs used in this video are Take1 and XN Resource Editor.
Download:
XN Resource Editor
Take1

VIDEOVIEWER.zip
 Description:
Video file converted to EXE.

Download
 Filename:  VIDEOVIEWER.zip
 Filesize:  7.12 MB
 Downloaded:  568 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:33 pm   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

If there is a problem with the guide I can try and clarify the problem. Also, let me know what you think! Smile
DtY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:43 pm   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

Errrrrr..... Why is the video file an executable?

And I take it you just generate the EXE, and then use another program to edit the icon? That's pretty cool
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 pm   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

Which would you prefer?
EXE (Most compatible extension)
or
SWF, WMA, AVI (Codecs would be all messy?)

I thought EXE was probably better way to go Smile

*Edit*
All that is shown in this video is me compiling a code in Turing, simply editing it with XN Resource Editor. Adding a custom icon that I made in 10 seconds? The game though wasn't impressed with my video recorder... It messes with FPS rates!
andrew.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:34 am   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

The AVI would be the best because a lot of people on this forum are on Linux, Mac OS, etc. and don't want to fire up VMWare or Wine. It's much easier if you upload it as AVI or something and have everyone download VLC media player (it's the best media player out there and there's no reason not to have it).
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:30 pm   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

I'm pretty sure that SWF and WMA are also on the list of things supported by VLC. Amongst those, it really doesn't matter.

Avoid executable files for data (video, sound, etc). Making a file executable lends it an entirely new set of permissions that lets it do a lot more to your computer. This is one primary way that viruses are spread: you're given a file called 'lolcats.jpeg.exe', which may actually contain a funny cat picture, but also contains 'horrible-death-worm-w32.exe' .
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:01 pm   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

I used a flash screen recorder program. The program its self is not something you'd like to use to convert files from flash video to wma or avi.

This way was just easier =]
jmarsiglio

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:18 pm   Post subject: Re: [Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

I don't know if it is too late, but I watched your video and was wondering how you get that theme for windows xp? I've been searching for something like that because I love win xp much better than win 7. Does anyone know? Thanks a lot!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:10 am   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

You will need to patch your UXTheme.dll. This file assures that switching themes is impossible if they were modified and etc.

When patched, you should be able to load any form of theme's even customize them!

If you are curious though feel free to message me, I will give you my email if you need anymore help. Smile
Zren

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 am   Post subject: RE:[Vid Tutorial - 8MB] Changing Turing Projects Icon

Relevant: http://uxstyle.com/
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: