Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Girl problems!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm   Post subject: Girl problems!

I recently told this girl I liked her she is a smart, beautiful, nice, kind, sweet girl. In fact when I told her I liked her it was beside my locker and this weird vibe told me she was interested as well then she hugged me! From then on I thought she kind of liked me which made my day so I focused on being nice to her and I talked to her a bit more. I haven't stalked her so everything was still fine between us.

Today at school I really felt confident in asking her to go out. During the school periods I was focusing on what I would say because normally I would stall and say uhmm too much. So I thought of say, "Hey, can I talk to you for a second." From there I would just wing it.

When school finished at 12am for the fund raising event she was with her friends and I asked her if I could talk to her for a minute or less. She didn't want to leave her friend alone so I said it would only be for 10 seconds so they agreed and I walked with her and I came out with it and asked her.

Me : Would you like to go out with me and get a slice of pizza tomorrow? I'll pay
Her : I don't know
Me : What do you mean by I don't know?
Her : I don't know if I have plans with my friends tomorrow
Me : I said well if you don't feel comfortable about going out with me you can think of it as just friends hanging out. It would be fun!
Her :
Me : Well I will see you tomorrow. Bye
Her : Bye Tyler Smile

Question:

I am not good with girls because I am a bit too emotional. I am not sure if I was rejected or if she was serious. She acts really sweet around me and it seems really passionate.

What do you guys think she will say? I am really nervous and really excited but I don't want any down thoughts so comments would be appreciated Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jeffgreco13

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

how old are u? and how old is she?

have u met or talked with her outside of school at all?
BigBear

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

I would guess he is in grade 10 thus the 1993 suffix.

People worry to much about this stuff and make things more complicated

The I don't know and no comment answer means she isn't ready to go out with you
Ultrahex

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Girl problems!

So don't be like too pushy about it. Girls are just like guys with some obvious differences. We are all humans but the cultures in which we live are slightly different. I believe, girls in high school (well many of them) are very social group that can be very backstabbing. She may like you but considering age she might just not be ready for something so serious in her life. Sometimes it is just better to be friends anyhow, getting attached can be bad this early on.

Telling from the whole "I'll pay" thing, it is just sorta creepy, especially since you are saying it up front. From the sounds of it she is either not comfortable with it (whether that be because she does not know you well enough or she is just very shy) or she is not ready for anything like that in her life.

Just try to be friends first before going all "date like" which can sorta just be creepy for some people.

Just some ideas.
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Girl problems!

She is not those kinds of girls, I am currently in grade 10 and so is she we both are 15. She acts different around me compared to other guys. I am not sure if it is a sign that there is maybe more or something like that. I am not worried about it but I don't date as much and confidence is all I need now or a path that forwards me to what I shall be expecting.

I stated also when I asked her if it was too awkward she could think of it as just friends hanging.
jbking

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Girl problems!

You likely could have asked her to let you know when she has a lunch coming up without her friends that is when you could do lunch together. This gives her the out of if she doesn't want to go out with you then she just doesn't have to tell you anything really, while if she does want to go, she'll let you know.

Just an observation from many miles away.
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

Tough call though, if you were in my situation she isn't like many girls. She gets very close to me at times and there has been touching for several seconds without discomfort I would assume. She has given me high fives and missed and rubbed my chest area.

I am not sure but if you ask me she has never acted like that around anyone I know so it makes everything seem so mysterious. My friends say she likes me I think maybe she does which makes me feel more confident.

Then again I have this feeling maybe she doesn't? I always thought then well then why would she hug me when I told her I liked her?

Anyways this is why I am asking because this is really challenging my thoughts a lot.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

Haha, at least you got as far as asking. I only ever was motivated to do that once. She said she had a boyfriend in another school (which is why I assumed she was single). I dunno is is was a 'nice' way of saying 'Not a chance, ever' or sincere, but whatever. It felt great to just do it (don't take that sexually).

If she's interested, well, you let her know, so she should be less nervous of non knowing if it's mutual, which is good. If she doesn't come around and say yes, then she's probably not thinking of you that way (This is based on the way a programmer thinks about things- logically. I could be completely off). In that case, move on, find someone else. Works every time.

Off topic, I just noticed I have a rash on my hand. Not good. Not good at all.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:37 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Girl problems!

insectoid @ Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 pm wrote:

Should get that checked Razz
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:45 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Girl problems!

It felt great to just do it (don't take that sexually).

insectoid @ Wed May 13, 2009 5:15 pm wrote:

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it! Laughing

Taken completely and utter out of context of course, but it's still fucking hilarious ;]
ecookman

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Girl problems!

OOH I will and I'll hold ya to it too XD jk

on topic
honestally, i think HS relationships are stupid (no offence) (I am in g10 too, male) I have friends that "go out" with other people, usually best friends or something. usually the relationship lasts about a semester. Afterwards its like they don't know eachother...yep you just lost a great friend...and for what a few kisses, holding hads, spending more time together...and then 0..nothing...Logicaly if you think about it, if you are girlfriend and boyfried and Keep the relationship for about two years...then what HS is over and te colledge or university. unless you go to the same school, you will barley see eachother, and then probaly one of you will find another 'one' then thats when the long term relationships start to start (i think) or until you go to work or something ...but meanwhile in HS you can go out with "the one" about 8 different times meanwhile usually loosing a friend. and then move on to the next "one" (i call this phenonom Relationship Recycling)

I was going to ask one of my friends out (feemale btw..not gay...nothing against gays tho... i know people who are gayish and aare friends with them), some people called it chickening out, but i really don't know if i was or was i being rational. I have known this person for a long time (grade 3 i think) and yea...people often thought we were going out...but no...never have (we go to different schools now and her friends think we sould go out and same with my friends) but when and if its over i don't want to loose a great friend.

Honestally...be friends
tjmoore1993

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:27 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Girl problems!

ecookman @ Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm wrote:

OOH I will and I'll hold ya to it too XD jk

on topic
honestally, i think HS relationships are stupid (no offence) (I am in g10 too, male) I have friends that "go out" with other people, usually best friends or something. usually the relationship lasts about a semester. Afterwards its like they don't know eachother...yep you just lost a great friend...and for what a few kisses, holding hads, spending more time together...and then 0..nothing...Logicaly if you think about it, if you are girlfriend and boyfried and Keep the relationship for about two years...then what HS is over and te colledge or university. unless you go to the same school, you will barley see eachother, and then probaly one of you will find another 'one' then thats when the long term relationships start to start (i think) or until you go to work or something ...but meanwhile in HS you can go out with "the one" about 8 different times meanwhile usually loosing a friend. and then move on to the next "one" (i call this phenonom Relationship Recycling)

I was going to ask one of my friends out (feemale btw..not gay...nothing against gays tho... i know people who are gayish and aare friends with them), some people called it chickening out, but i really don't know if i was or was i being rational. I have known this person for a long time (grade 3 i think) and yea...people often thought we were going out...but no...never have (we go to different schools now and her friends think we sould go out and same with my friends) but when and if its over i don't want to loose a great friend.

Honestally...be friends

I have thought about our friendship for a while but like always my emotions get the best of me and need love. I would never try to jeopardize our friendship if I was dumped. I can manage breakups I just can't manage being lonely.

Many people will focus on their grades but when you have a 98.6 overall average you can't help but feel that you need more. That is my conclusive statement.
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

Honestly, you're putting too much thought into this... it's high school for crying out loud. I can almost guarantee you that you'll be breaking up at some point anyways, so don't get too worked up over it.
corriep

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Girl problems!

I think this may help you out. Wink
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Girl problems!

you ask for girl help on a computer science forum?!

like Clayton said, it's just high school. I'm also in grade 10, p.m. me if you want some real man's advice Wink
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: