Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Rigid Body and Cloth Physics
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zero-impact

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

Yes it is, I have already tried. After monitoring the memory usage for 5 minutes I see that it climbs to about 2Gb before crashing Wine.
I think I will recode it in c++ using SDL and use it as an opprotunity to learn OOP in c++.

Thanks for the help.
You can consider that my final version.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

In that case, look up the bresenham's line blitting algorithm and the flood fill algorithm. You will find that very useful.
zero-impact

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

Thanks, however I think I might just use the primitives in SDL_gfx for simplicity's sake for the time being. Thanks for the tip though Smile
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 am   Post subject: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

I like it a lot! I am a big fan of rigid cloth physics ;P

Buut... The cloth isn't interacting with the shapes... is it supposed to be like that?
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:54 am   Post subject: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

nice work lawson, it crashed a school computer in <30 seconds :p

edit : you've sparked my interest in learning how to use verlet integration. Now if only these school computer's had a C++ compiler and SDL Sad

edit edit : so now I'm coding in Wordpad, and secretly downloading a compiler to a flash drive :p
sdl can wait for now
zero-impact

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Rigid Body and Cloth Physics

DanTheMan @ Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 am wrote:
I like it a lot! I am a big fan of rigid cloth physics ;P

Buut... The cloth isn't interacting with the shapes... is it supposed to be like that?

Yes, I do not have any "inter-shape" collision detection at the moment. I don't think I'm going to either because I am recoding this in c++. I will post a link when I ahve made any progres. However with school that could mean a month from now.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: