Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 data base program
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 pm   Post subject: data base program

here's my situation :
i need to make a database app with simple search,add,append and view functionality. if i'm not mistaken VB has database support. i was wondering if i could use sql,excell or access database for my program? which one is simpler? and where can i find some tutorials related to the topic
thanx in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jbking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:21 pm   Post subject: Re: data base program

I found a couple pretty easily, though part of this does depend on what you want to use:

VB 5/6 Database program
ADO.Net Basic Database

I think you may want to bring in some form of Data Access Objects or ActiveX Data Objects that may help though part of this depends on what kind of app are you making: Windows, console or web?

As for the sql, excell or acess, I'd sum it up this way:
MS-SQL - This is the common Microsoft relational DB server software that can be good if you plan on having non-trivial databases.
Excel - This isn't for storing a DB to my mind, but other data go into spreadsheets.
Access - This is the simpler DB application that Microsoft has though this is part of Microsoft Office in terms of licensing I believe.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: