Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
WaluiJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject: Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)

I'm really proud of the outcome for this. It's my final project for school this year. I'd really appreciate criticism on this, as it's my first major game (I plan to make many more). I've spent a lot of time on this, and I really want to know what you guys think.

EDIT: Sorry, I've reuploaded a few versions, fixing specific bugs in each. The last one I uploaded had the "View.Update" line deleted. So here is the final, final, FINAL version, swear to god, no more updates. Neutral

Bannerman_Final Project.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bannerman_Final Project.zip
 Filesize:  937.44 KB
 Downloaded:  591 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tyr_God_Of_War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am   Post subject: RE:Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)

Good, but one thing is not so good. During the final boss, after I died once and re-entered, X was invisible . After shooting me a bit he seemed to drop in from the ceiling. Me might want to fix that. Another thing, when you get hit, you move backwards, even when hit from behind. Very annoying during the boss battle when I got hit then walked backwards into him. >Neutral
WaluiJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)

I don't want to sound demanding, but I'd really like some people to give feedback or advice on this. I REALLY want to know how to improve, next steps, etc.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)

Ok This would be a greate game, If I saw more then just white when playing... (Make SURE file is with picture or At least use Dir.Ghange to Bannerman_Final Project (the folder with the pictures.)

ALSO: is you want to make a Greate game make GREAT Menu's, Make a storyline, Add more abilities if you beat a boss, When fighting mega man If you die you can fight the second mega man and well he stops doing anything and I killed him in 2 second Also make Better Terrain instead of FillBoxes If you want to inprove this game. Also I Noticed you just used loops without procedures... Procedure can allow you too keep playing the game after (The end) and also if you made the levels bigger and made a text fle to save and open you could infact MAKE MEGA MAN! ~ lots to do... But you've done already LOTS of it and Gj
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Megaman ZJ (a Megaman platformer)

Lol extracting the files is long (took me 5 mins), dl was fast (2 secs)... Razz

And now it lags like hell Twisted Evil but other than that 9/10
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: