Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Collection of Progs
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheOneTrueGod

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:01 pm   Post subject: Collection of Progs

You need these for all but slime volley ball, and duck hunt, so if you wanna play the other two, you gotta download these and put them in the same folder. Sorry for the inconvenience, but i'm at school (no win zip).

log.bmp
 Description:
Log
 Filesize:  8.02 KB
 Viewed:  6819 Time(s)

log.bmp

helicopter.jpg
 Description:
Helicopter
 Filesize:  826 Bytes
 Viewed:  6817 Time(s)

helicopter.jpg

Car1.bmp
 Description:
Car
 Filesize:  5.33 KB
 Viewed:  6806 Time(s)

Car1.bmp

frog.bmp
 Description:
frog
 Filesize:  2.75 KB
 Viewed:  6810 Time(s)

frog.bmp

background.bmp
 Description:
Background for frogger
 Filesize:  645.37 KB
 Viewed:  6809 Time(s)

background.bmp

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheOneTrueGod

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:10 pm   Post subject: Heres three more of my programs.

No. 1 That helicoptor game from the internet. Click the mouse to go up, don't click to go down.

No. 2 Frogger. The game might give you an error after about 10 minutes of playing, but hopefully you won't be playing it that long Very Happy Controls are obvious, so is your objective.

No. 3 Duck Hunt. I had some problems getting the reload to work in this, so now you're given a gatling gun to go hunt down ducks. (I don't need help making a reload function, i've gotten it to work in dozens of other things i've made, it just won't work in this.)

Do note, I hate commenting. I blame my teacher.

No. 4 A copy of slime volley ball. It has four modes, a wall practice where you can jump unlimitedly, a VS the computer, where the computer is unbeatable (except for exploited bugs), and it sometimes gets stuck in a loop.

The other two modes are both multiplayer. Normal mode is like normal slime volley ball, with bonuses randomly appearing, like low gravity.

The final mode is like a "power" mode, where your power bar increases over time, and you can use the powers. If the power number is below five, and above two, you can reverse the ball's x speed. If it is between five and fourteen, you can smash the ball towards the ground. If it is between fifteen and thirty, you get two points. Above thirty, you get five points. There are a couple unbalancements in this mode, such as if you lose, you get 5 power points, meaning you can stay ahead of your opponent basically permanently. I also made it so you can go through the net in this mode.

Controls are classic controls, up/down/left/right (down is power, up is jump), and w/a/s/d, same as the arrows.

helicoptergame.t
 Description:
Main file.

Download
 Filename:  helicoptergame.t
 Filesize:  34.06 KB
 Downloaded:  252 Time(s)

jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats a nice lil collection of games. The only one that somewhat impresses me is the slime volleyball, however its not perfect. It can be a little faster, and the computer isn't the greatest, although he never lets his ball hit the ground, he can barely get it over.

You need to work on making your games look better. They're all kinda dull and the flashy makes em look newbish. Learn offscreenonly/View.Update. CLS!! please and thank you lol, dont draw overtop of it. And Use picMerge, rather than picCopy, and along with that learn View.SetTransparentColor.

When you do get home, do everyone a favor and zip it Razz

Good job tho..
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not bad...

The frogger game is good, but yeah, use the transparent background command to make it look better. Also, you can go off the screen.

The slime volleyball is good, but its a bit unstable with speeds, the ball sometimes goes through wall, and its not that fun. I didn't know the slime could fly either, at least in practise mode? but I guess...

Duck hunt is a good start, but you have to make it better, much better. Less holding mouse and dragging, more click the mouse, aiming, skill-like. Should'nt be too hard.

Helicopter is also a good start, but try making the copter move in an arc shape, check out the previously submitted helicopter game.

Good job.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: