Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Vb Help
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
simon66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:38 pm   Post subject: Vb Help

hey all... I been trying to fix this for over 30mins now and i cant find a possible way to fix this...
Imagine this is the textbox

|. .|
|. .|
|. .|
|._______________.|

and I want to dd this to it:
"Your current ID is :"The id that is generated"
"TIP. To find your file easier, adjust your "save to" options to the place desired"

but everytime i try to fix this the appear in one line likt this

"Your current ID is :"The id that is generated TIP. To find your file easier, adjust your "save to" options to the place desired"
and since he text box is small the writings get cut off at "adjust your "sa""
how can I fix this?

I try adding
text1.additem "TIP. To find your file easier, adjust your "save to" options to the place desired"
but itdosent work.

on my form I have a code that generates the ID and it automatic outputs it on the text1.

Any help?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
unoho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Vb Help

oh, i know i know
did you forget to setup the multiline option?? set the multiline option for that textbox to true.
also set the scroll bars to true, depending on whether you want horizontal or vertical scroll bar.

hopefully it would help you. if not, let me know. Wink
simon66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Vb Help

unoho @ Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:17 pm wrote:
oh, i know i know
did you forget to setup the multiline option?? set the multiline option for that textbox to true.
also set the scroll bars to true, depending on whether you want horizontal or vertical scroll bar.

hopefully it would help you. if not, let me know. Wink

Very Happy Shocked Shocked

I cant believe this... its was this easy Question THNX MAN VERRY MUCH!
Also if im not asking much how do you make vb open that downlaod menu, like everytime you hit the download and option comes up saying were would you like to save your file
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

how would I do that on vb6

Thnx
unoho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Vb Help

oh.. im soo sorry man, i really dunno how to do that. cuz me and my partner, we are doing this kinda game where user can choose their own profile picture, but then we couldn't do it because i dunno the code of this.

sorry man.. can't really help on this one. Sad

EDIT: oh, btw, if you figure out how to do that, please share! that would be really helpful. If not, you can try doing it like this:

You can ask them to write the name of the folder, like a full path of it (C:\Documents\BlahBlah)

if the folder doesn't exist in their computer, it will be created and BlahBLah would be the folder they would save the file in.

so, basically, you save that destination as string and do this

open strDestination & "\FileName.filetype" for output as #intfilenum

I suggest you only try doing this if you know anything about how to write and read files in VB. If not, don't bother, because it's kinda complex (specially if you are new). Stick with the stuff you know.
Vertico

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Vb Help

simon66 @ Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:28 pm wrote:
Also if im not asking much how do you make vb open that downlaod menu, like everytime you hit the download and option comes up saying were would you like to save your file
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

how would I do that on vb6

Thnx

You would want to use a OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog item located in the toolbox. Though you will want to go google it for even though it is ways to set up, there are things you can edit from its default values to better adapt to your needs.
Brightguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:46 am   Post subject: Re: Vb Help

simon66 @ Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm wrote:

You can use the Microsoft Common Dialog Control (Ctrl+T brings up the dialog box to add it).

Or if you want to go the WinAPI way, GetSaveFileName.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: