Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Logout Issue C#
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:49 pm   Post subject: Logout Issue C#

Hi, i've made a few pages. there is a master page, which contains the design and a loginview control which has a log out button on the logged in template.
then i have a login page, and default page and some other pages that are only for member/admins. Anyways after i press the log out button i made it redirect back to the login page and the user is logged out, i used formsauthentication.signout(). but then i press the back button and it goes back to the previous page and the user is logged in. How do i make it such that after a logout when u press back it wont go back to the page. I looked on google but nothing that was posted worked. I use firefox and vs2008.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Crazymik3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Logout Issue C#

The thing is, it might go back to the page, but when they try any functions it will then inform the user that they are logged out.
I don't know much about C#, so I'm just guessing here.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Logout Issue C#

If they "go back", in most cases it doesn't even hit the server -- the browser just loads a page from its cache.

Think of it as me printing out a page, and then logging out. I'm not actually logged in, I just have a copy of what I saw before.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Logout Issue C#

You could try telling the browser not to cache script-generated pages.
JR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:03 am   Post subject: Re: Logout Issue C#

i tried to make the browser no cache, but it didnt work. maybe its firefox...
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: