Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Objects outside/bigger than the document size... problem
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ladybird

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:11 pm   Post subject: Objects outside/bigger than the document size... problem

I'm a bit of a beginner with Flash MX, so here's the problem:
I'm making an object (gif) move frame-by-frame, though it goes outside the canvas/area (you know, the white 'document size' box, and outside of this is just grey) because I only want the top part of the gif visible in the movie, with the rest being offscreen. Now when I test play the movie, the whole black area that isn't supposed to be visible is visible, and my objects can be seen as well going into this area that shouldn't be visible. So, how do you set the document size as a boundary for visibility i.e. to allow things to go offscreen? And to keep the flash movie area a certain size? Thanks very much!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jeffgreco13

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Objects outside/bigger than the document size... problem

k well once you publish your video only the small white area will be visible... within the flash player that you're testing with it shows the Stage (that white document area) and whatever's in the grey part too... best way to fix this is to either add a sqaure mask over the entire movie the exact size of ur flash video or resize the player to the exact size of the document
ladybird

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Objects outside/bigger than the document size... problem

jeffgreco13 @ Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 pm wrote:
k well once you publish your video only the small white area will be visible... within the flash player that you're testing with it shows the Stage (that white document area) and whatever's in the grey part too... best way to fix this is to either add a sqaure mask over the entire movie the exact size of ur flash video or resize the player to the exact size of the document

Cheers... how do you add a square mask, or resize the player?
jeffgreco13

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Objects outside/bigger than the document size... problem

to add a mask you make a layer at the very top of ur timeline.. then right click that layer and click Mask..

now draw a sqaure in this layer that is filled (any colour, doesnt matter) that is the exact size of the stage..

now drag all the layers underneath this mask layer, the icon for each layer under the mask should change to a green colour and will be indented

What this does is ensures that the content within the layers is only shown when it enters the confines of that sqaure u drew
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: