Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Saving a dynamically changed form!
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
13ennett

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 pm   Post subject: Saving a dynamically changed form!

My group and I are making a program that allows the user to add new control arrays at runtime to the form. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to save this changed form so that the user can load their changed form at a later time? Canada
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jbking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Saving a dynamically changed form!

My guess would be to have a save button that does either a postback or a callback and stores the information on the form in a database or text file for later retrival.

What language are you using on the server and client side for the form?
13ennett

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:01 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Saving a dynamically changed form!

jbking @ Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:25 pm wrote:

What language are you using on the server and client side for the form?

I don't really know what your asking. I'm using VB6, and i want the saved button to save the new controls that have been added to the form by the user at runtime, not save data enetred into text boxes.
jbking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Saving a dynamically changed form!

There at least to my mind more than a few different flavors of what falls under the heading of VB. For example:

Original VB, latest of which is VB6 - Which is what you are using.
VBScript - Classic ASP used this scripting language that is very similar to VB in some ways in terms of syntax.
VB.Net - This has versions varying with the .Net framework so there are 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, and 3.5 that are a few versions within VB.Net alone.

I had assumed that the form was within one of two structures:
1) Web - In this case there is the server sending the form and a client sending the response. This may be in classic ASP or ASP.Net.

2) Client/Server structure - In this case you have 2 different sets of code running where there is a server which may have web services or .Net remoting or some other mechanism to allow requests for various bits of data.

If you are running on a standalone application which appears to be the case, then the issue is more of finding a way to store the state so that when the user starts up the application it can load where it was. Is it possible to use a database or flat file to store this data?
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: