Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Redirecting keyboard presses?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zeroth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:17 pm   Post subject: Redirecting keyboard presses?

Hey, I was wondering if it was possible to redirect keyboard presses to a specific program on Linux? The program is Quod Libet(a python-based mp3 player, absolutely fantastic. Full Regex search support!) and to advance or go backwards in the playlist is Ctrl+. and Ctrl+, respectively.

For reference, I am using Ubuntu 8.04.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Redirecting keyboard presses?

Though I am unsure of their effectiveness outside of Windows, something like Keyclone or HotkeyNet might be something similiar to what you are looking for. Both were created with the idea of what gamers call Multiboxing, but you should still be able to use them for your purposes. Though I'm sure some sort of alternative native to Linux exists.
md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Redirecting keyboard presses?

Zeroth, possible yes but with what programs I do not know. I do know a friend of mine wrote a kernel-level driver to do something similar since he couldn't find a user-space app.

If it has a command line remote control program though, xbindkeys works great.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: