Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Terminating Process(es)?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Whell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 pm   Post subject: Terminating Process(es)?

Hey! I just have a question on terminating a process WITHOUT Task Manager(Even if I would have access to it, I couldn't terminate it), without right clicking on the actual application and pressing exit, ALT + F4 or most likely not the command prompt.

See, the problem is that when LANSchool (I sort of hate bringing up the subject) sends a packet to your computer(7.2 - LANSchooled does NOT work) it will receive it and blue, or blank screen you. Once you're blank screened, your keyboard does NOT operate in Windows, but if you press a lot of buttons, it will make the beeping sound. Same with the mouse. I discovered one thing though, when I insert my flash drive, the start bar appears, my mouse and keyboard still do not work, but I see the system tray, quick launch, start, etc. In the bar I see my applications that I had on BEFORE I was blank screened. I noticed one thing, an application called LanSchool Student is there. So I thought I could work from there. A few days later, I launched the command prompt from my flash drive, in the school computers, if you press X to shut off the command prompt, if will NOT, you will be required to press either 'End Now' or 'Cancel.' I was blank screened though. I got pissed at my teacher because he like plays with LanSchool, he doesn't use it for any good reason, he just uses it as threat. I said to the teacher "Why do you blank screen us for no reason? Do you not have anything better to do?" He didn't respond. I was like, "Well he isn't going to un-blank screen us, so I will just shut down the computer. I pressed the shut down button (On the actual computer) and then, one thing happened. Well, as most of you know, when you shut down, the computer terminates all of the processes. So what happened was that while it was shutting down, it tripped up the program LanSchoool student, PARTIALLY un-blank screening me, enabling me to move my mouse and the keyboard. The mouse however moved slowly, it also took a while for actions to happen, like it I was to press Start, it would take a long time, or not even respond! What sucked however, is that since the computer is shutting down, I could not launch anything, it would say "Failed to launch # because the system is shutting down." I was like "Oh well, I guess I will never break through f'n LanSchool."

If you're wondering WHY I became un-blank screened and my computer did NOT shut off completly then here is why -

As I stated previously, when you try to exit out the command prompt, it fails because you will have to end the process by pressing 'End Now,' sort of as if it was not responding. The system asked FOR MY PERMISSION/OPINION whether to turn off command prompt, leading to shutdown. I pressed cancel and it stopped the computer from shutting down. But the shutdown tripped up LanSchool student, so it partially un-blank screened me.

Well anyways, that leads me to my question -

How can I make it so AS SOON as that LanSchool student appears, a batch file automatically shuts it down, or better yet, just turn off LanSchool at all!

I was thinking of doing -

code:
@echo off
:first
taskkill /F /T Student.exe
goto first

I didn't try it yet, but I give 99% that it would not work as I tried
code:
taskkill /F /T Student.exe
in the command prompt, I could not terminate the process.

Please give me feedback whether what I'm doing is pointless, possible, or just anything!
Our school has LanSchool 7.2 installed.

If anyone does reply with a working solution I will be like your slave!
I still appreciate ANY feedback.

Thanks Exclamation
Whell
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Terminating Process(es)?

I told you before that we don't help break other persons or other busineness/schools computer systems here.

Talking about potential expolites and making proof of concepcts is one thing (and can be rather eductional) however using them aginsted some one elses computers and networks is another, posiblity illgeal and not supported here.

*Locked*
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: