Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 _3D module
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Geniis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 am   Post subject: _3D module

K to make sure no one flames me for this ill say it first. I did not entirely design Engine by myself. Some parts of it are built off of zylums 3D engine. Im not taking full credit for it for this fact. Some of my codes come from his codes...like his quick sorting thing as well as parts of his code to draw to the screen and rotate the objects. Just getting it out there lol id hate it if someone was lookin through the code and recognised it and thought i was trying to steal his thing. Besides i mostly did this cause i wanted to learn 3D and im starting to get it. I might make my own engine from scratch one day but thats later. Anyways for the program theres a small readme file included that should explain all you need to know. It reads ".ply" files only and i might expand it to use more if i can.

_3D Module.zip
 Description:
Includes the _3D module, an example program, some example objects, and a readme.

Download
 Filename:  _3D Module.zip
 Filesize:  34.69 KB
 Downloaded:  300 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:05 pm   Post subject: Re: _3D module

good job!

very well done

although, try making a 3D engine from scratch. It's good that you are understanding the concept of 3D.
I too prefer learning new concepts from example programs, but try testing all that you will learn about 3D by making a 3D engine of your own.

good job though Very Happy
Geniis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: _3D module

ty... i think thats the next thing im gonna try. I know i fixed a couple things with his engine, like when you moved something along the Z axis your object didnt change in appearance at all, i fixed that and now as it gets farther away it gets smaller, it gets closer it gets bigger. So i should be able to make my own engine.
andrew.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:18 pm   Post subject: RE:_3D module

Wow, it's very impressive. Nice job.
Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:12 pm   Post subject: RE:_3D module

You have an error in that code. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what it is.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject: RE:_3D module

My way of learning is looking through other peoples code (especially the comments), and then copying it down manually. It allows me to see step-by-step what's happening, rather than copy & pasting whole sections. Nobody will yell at you for copying code unless it's copyrighted material or you call it your own, so you're good.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:15 pm   Post subject: RE:_3D module

True enough. It is a good way to learn for sure.
Geniis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 pm   Post subject: Re: _3D module

K cool... the only part of code i copy pasted is the quicksorting one, but i read it a few times changing the variable names and came to undestand how it worked. The rest i copied down manually so i could make the variable name changes and and other little changes. That way i could understand the code better. I think ill attempt to make my own engine from scratch after im done learning C++.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Forumer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 am   Post subject: RE:_3D module

NICELY DONE LOL.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: