Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
unoho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:35 pm   Post subject: Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project

so.. as the title says, it's about my gr. 11 final project. we have to use the following things:
1) controls (of course)
2) variables
3) arrays
4) Procedure and functions
5) strings (not as variable type, the built in strings function)
6) files (input, output, append)

so.. i am really confused about what i should do that will involve all of this. also, as our teacher said if we do good enough, we can submit the project to some contest.

any ideas would be much appreciated. thanks in advance Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project

Just about anything. If you are missing some checkmark at the end of the project, you can just throw it in as a redundant feature. Kind of sketchy, but if it lets you build a project that you enjoy -- go for it.

Simple games are popular choices.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Vertico

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project

Card games are generally easy in VB with its event driven functionality. Blackjack, matching, poker etc.
kiran_n444

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project

I'd go for a Slot Game, or a Cellphone/Black BerrySim with Agenda, Webbrowser, Small games,etc.

Last year when I did the grade11 ontario course I made a Slot game, as one of my final projects (we had to make 15 different games) and as a Final project I made a Cellphone Sim, with everything and then as the "Games" section I included all my previous features Wink

Hope this gives you an idea.
unoho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Ideas for Gr. 11 Final Project

oh, thanks guys.. i guess i will do something like a forum type games. like you sign up or login and they play a game. the score is saved against your user name and a display is shown.

thanks again
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: