Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what are logic blocks?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
x-ecutioner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:42 pm   Post subject: what are logic blocks?

i know this is a website for computer science and stuff but i'm currently doing a report on microprocessors for my summative. I googled the term logic blocks, logic block and even looked for a definition.
What are logic blocks?
does anyone have perhaps an answer or some kind of link (ideally) to what logic blocks are?
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
gitoxa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 pm   Post subject: RE:what are logic blocks?

My guess would be that logic blocks are sections of code separated by what that block of code does.

In other words, in a very simple program, you have one block for input, several for manipulating the data, and one block for output.
Clayton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm   Post subject: RE:what are logic blocks?

Not quite. He means logic blocks in terms of hardware.

@x-ecutioner: This page from wikipedia makes mention to them, though I haven't read the article myself, it may give you an idea of what to search for further if it doesn't answer some of your questions.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:20 pm   Post subject: RE:what are logic blocks?

My guess: it's a group of gates used to perform one task. An adding block contains all the gates to perform addition. Just a guess.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: