Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Custom GUI
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Cool, I've never heard that before. Well, you learn something new everyday - today's was Don't eat gravel. Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
andrew.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:57 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Custom GUI

SNIPERDUDE @ Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm wrote:
much faster.

For the translucent windows, In place of the background (drawbox), I did it in several steps. 1) screenshot the background 2) draw the normal backing on 3) take another screenshot 4) use Pic.Blend (to any given percentage) 5) draw it.
Oh Pic.Blend. I forgot about that. I've used mostly 4.0.5 so I don't really know about the 4.1.x features.

EDIT: A suggestion: for the locations of the radio buttons, you should have them relate to your frame instead of the window. e.g. if I put the x value as 0, it goes to 0 in the main window instead of 0 in your GUI.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Custom GUI

andrew. @ June 18th 2009 wrote:
Oh Pic.Blend. I forgot about that. I've used mostly 4.0.5 so I don't really know about the 4.1.x features.

EDIT: A suggestion: for the locations of the radio buttons, you should have them relate to your frame instead of the window. e.g. if I put the x value as 0, it goes to 0 in the main window instead of 0 in your GUI.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. Although I have pretty much stopped this project in Turing, I was thinking of starting it fresh in Python. I know there are quite a few libraries I could download - but I want to make one as advanced as possible. Plus - I wouldn't need to worry about speed like I do in Turing (which was a major problem when making special effects like drop shadows, transparencies, etc.)

New start, new ideas, going to be good. So if you do have any cool ideas for an awesome GUI let me know - I'm down for trying new stuff.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 am   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

I'm sorry to kinda rez an old topic but I was wondering SNIPERDUDE if I could use/modify your code to use in this project i decided to undertake.

I decide to make a pseudo-operating system, this window code helps ALOT. The system will be able to create and run custom programs of it's own kind.

Please don't ask why I felt the need to do it, I just did lol
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Sure thing, I can PM you the latest version I had finished before moving this project to another language - much has been done since the last post.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:12 am   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Just out of curiousity does anyone know where the custom GUI tutorial is?
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 am   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

A tutorial to create a custom GUI? Or a tutorial for this GUI?
For the former I don't believe there is one. Just comes down to learning Turing and thinking out the logic.
For the latter I think I put some form of documentation in the folder.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 52 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: