Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Custom GUI
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

those tags beside the name dont really mean much, it just means i have more posts on this website, i'm sure there's "newbie"s on this website way better than me =)
still doesn't deprive of the fact that ur program is neat =D
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

much faster.

For the translucent windows, In place of the background (drawbox), I did it in several steps. 1) screenshot the background 2) draw the normal backing on 3) take another screenshot 4) use Pic.Blend (to any given percentage) 5) draw it.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Haha, I guess I'm the opposite case - A L33T programmer with not much status.
chopperdudes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

very cool, i'm beginning to implement it in my game, just the basics were used, however, i can't find out how i can possibly get the text of an input box, it's listed on the help file, but i can't find it, have you not coded that part yet?
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Take a look at the ObjectStatus functions. The one you want is:
Turing:
fcn InputBoxStatusS (Index : int, str : string) : string
    %% ERROR SCAN
    if Index < 0 or Index > 120 then
        ERROR (1, "InputBoxStatusS (" + intstr(Index) + ", " + str + ")", "", Index)
    end if

if str = "Font" then
        result InputB (Index).Font
    elsif str = "Text" then
        result InputB (Index).Text
    elsif str = "DefaultText" then
        result InputB (Index).Default
    elsif str = "Style" then
        result InputB (Index).Style
    elsif str = "LockChar" then
        result InputB (Index).LockChar
    elsif str = "TextAlign" then
        result InputB (Index).Align
    else
        ERROR (16, "InputBoxStatusS (" + intstr(Index) + ", " + str + ")", str, 0)
    end if
end InputBoxStatusS

so to get the text of an input box you would do this:
Turing:
LGUI (g).InputBoxStatusS (1, "Text")
Geniis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

I like the update, its pretty sick. im using it in a paint thing my teachers makin us make. I keep getting an error tho when useing the input boxes. It says somthing about being unable to Allocate memory for something cause its alredy reached the max num of id numbers. And i still somtimes get the same problem with the text on the buttons moving after a little while. Not all the time but every now and then. And im having trouble with the fading thing it keeps saying it cant free a pic or something because it doesnt exist. I hate to bug you with all this but the errors are getting annoying lol. I just seem to keep having bad luck with it lol. I attached the programm too so you can see what i mean.
Geniis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

I like the update, its pretty sick. im using it in a paint thing my teachers makin us make. I keep getting an error tho when useing the input boxes. It says somthing about being unable to Allocate memory for something cause its alredy reached the max num of id numbers. And i still somtimes get the same problem with the text on the buttons moving after a little while. Not all the time but every now and then. And im having trouble with the fading thing it keeps saying it cant free a pic or something because it doesnt exist. I hate to bug you with all this but the errors are getting annoying lol. I just seem to keep having bad luck with it lol. I attached the programm too so you can see what i mean.Other than that its awesome

Edit* : oops sorry for the double post my computer did somthing wierd, and sorry bout the comments in the prog, i go to french school and my teacher makes me put them in french lol
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Arg the french. Anyways..

What is this line?
Turing:
LGUI (g).End

and
Turing:
exit when LGUI (g).Exit

After commenting those two lines out it ran perfectly fine, even the button glitch didn't come up. Change those two line so that you are using a variable inside your programme to quit, and try reinstalling the GUI. An ex:

Turing:
var EXIT : boolean := false
proc END
    EXIT := true
end proc

% The button Procedure that calls the END proc you made

exit when EXIT
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

Looks Awesome, very nicely done. Although I have to wonder why you would put this much effort into a GUI for Turing... or any language really. still, very nice work.
now if only I could open the help file...
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

Hmm, well I made it using Office '07.

Either way I put this much effort in to a GUI because at first it was a way to just test all of my programming abilities and push them farther. It has certainly done that, and along the way I found it to be a great project - it has an outcome all can enjoy, and the topic of a custom library interested me.

And like mentioned earlier, the next major release I make will include a much easier help file - I am planning on using my GUI to create a help programme that reads a directory and displays the files I include. This allows it to be more universal, and everyone can open it. It would look similar to that of other help files, much like Turing's. Should be well worth it.
syntax_error

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:14 am   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

TheGuardian001 @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 pm wrote:
Looks Awesome, very nicely done. Although I have to wonder why you would put this much effort into a GUI for Turing... or any language really. still, very nice work.
now if only I could open the help file...

magic
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:52 am   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

An FLV converter for a word document?
Geniis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 am   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

Oh the LGUI(g).Exit thing is just somthing i added in to the lgui.tu file for my use to exit a program...kinda like turings GUI.Exit thing. Anyways i stoped getting the errors for some reason...all of them at once. Sorry for the trouble lol.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom GUI

No problem.
Just make sure your exit thing doesn't interfere with anything else.
Geniis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom GUI

ya i made sure it didnt... and i think i found the probleme. My pc at home is an old windows me laptop that cant doesnt run turing very well lol and as soon as i used the school computers there was nothing wrong. So it was just my computer lol.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 52 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: