Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Crack the Code Challenge
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 pm   Post subject: Crack the Code Challenge

Challenge I
The first challenge was:
code:

Which methodoxx correctly figured out as being an ordinal value shift by 2, characters obviously being in groups of 3, and the message being 'hello'.

Challenge II
Next challenge, first person to solve it gets 100 bits:
code:
,qceoc#iv!i`owp"ghc!gor`tq#cp`"zcju"qid!.pbp`xjq"gm#uphce`c!gkr"ok#cneffk"umm&mE

It should be significantly more difficult, but still quite doable. Good luck!

Rules:
-No collaboration.
-Original messages are strings and in English.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Crack the Code Challenge

After some attempts to solve this, I've decided to eliminate one the major difficulty of the challenge. For 40 bits, find the English sentence in challenge two, where the key is 12632. Perhaps that was a bit too much to ask, but now I'm pretty much giving it away, am I not? Wink

An additional 40 bits will be given for code to encode and decode the given phrase in a language of your choice. It should not and may not be more than 10 lines long in a high-level language, excluding any overhead, or you're doing it wrong.
matt271

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Crack the Code Challenge

hmm i dunno much about encryption but im curious about it.

can u tell me how long the string is?
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: