Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 2 Games and 1 Program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PesticideUse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 pm   Post subject: 2 Games and 1 Program

Here are some games and programs i made throughout the year

the programs are:
a simple whack-a-mole game
my final project its a very simple RTS type game, you build a small army/castle and battle some enemies
a nifty little tool that finds the number associated with a color, i think there is a program like that on here but w/e

the code is probably messy and uncommented they were rushed projects most of them not marked

My RTS game has cheats, but they disable your highscore :
press the tilda button then enter one of the following:
rollininchedda : money + 1000
calltheplumber : strength + 50
feellikeamadillas : defense + 50
youcantkillme : hp + 50
hireneil : castleHP + 50
eatacheetahheart : speed + 12
mreous : a bunch of cool/funny stuff

Battle for Caro Sword.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Battle for Caro Sword.zip
 Filesize:  29.21 MB
 Downloaded:  210 Time(s)

Whack a Mole.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Whack a Mole.zip
 Filesize:  391.61 KB
 Downloaded:  185 Time(s)

Colour Procurer.t
 Description:
Finds Color

Download
 Filename:  Colour Procurer.t
 Filesize:  265 Bytes
 Downloaded:  127 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 am   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

Everyone has the color tool, in my class it was actually a full-day assignment (I had already done one, so I watched YouTube all day Razz).

I'll download the other things when I have time and am not so freaking tired (My mom woke me up at 8:00 this morning to help the construction guys tear up our deck. I wasn't needed, so I went on the computer.)
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 am   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

Well, your battle game looks nice to start, but suffers from "illegal picture IDs" all over the place, i havent been able to move my character once space without it erroring out.

now, the whack a mole game was entertaining for a while, but i'd like to see some explanation about the colours (for us folk that just play the game, and not look at the instructions)

and yah everyone and their mother has that colour chooser though
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

lol, I made the colour chooser thing at home for making a game, was never suggested at school.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:54 am   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

Alright. I have 1 suggestion: Buttons. None of the games you've posted have used buttons. You can't make games like this and use number selection for the menu. If you don't understand how to make buttons, search it. It's very simple (note; don't use Turing's GUI buttons).
PesticideUse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, i dunno why it would crash, i even downloaded it off the site and it worked fine Confused

i have a general idea about buttons but ill do a lil more research... thanx for the tip

sorry about the color thing, my class was a little slow most ppl didnt even now how to use if's properly so i thot it was kind of cool when i made lol, guess its mundane
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:29 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

insectoid @ Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:54 am wrote:
(note; don't use Turing's GUI buttons).

As noted. Turing's GUI isn't that good really, look into other methods when you get the chance
and skill level enough (You may have it already, but don't use laziness as a sad programming excuse)

EDIT:
Sorry, this may be off topic, but how does the rank just below your Name work? 5 mins ago I was a 'Newbe Hacker'.
PesticideUse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:34 pm   Post subject: Re: 2 Games and 1 Program

Actually i started work on adding buttons (not GUI) into my RPG, posted before this one, theyre very simple using a mix of whatdotcolor and mousewhere but it works lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:43 pm   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

using a for loop (provided the buttons are layed out orderly) to check coordinates would be faster than using whatdotcolour, but your programmes seem simple enough to not see any real slowdown anyways. Just keep that in mind though.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:31 am   Post subject: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

The rank is decided by the number of posts you have. Posts in the 'off-topic' section do not count.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:2 Games and 1 Program

insectoid @ Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:31 am wrote:
Posts in the 'off-topic' section do not count.

That would explain the odd number. Was trying to figure out why the number was so arbitrary, lol
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: