Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Billiads (pool) Alpha
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
monkow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am   Post subject: Billiads (pool) Alpha

Ok this is a very early stage of my billiards game. I know you guys have probably seen tons of pool turing game already. But this is different imo (not to sound so arrogant)

Anyways back to the game. I have been racking my brain trying t o figure out how to make these DAMN BALLS collide perfectly (close to perfect). I am using the distance approach.

Like many of the turing pools in this website I HAD the the same problem of the ball spawning through the ball, but not inside it. Which in that case the cue ball goes through the other balls if u hit it hard enough and not affecting the other ball.

I have finally figured out how to fix it. Hopefully you guys like it and find some bugs so i can fix it.

I have used zylum's tutorial but i found some problems with it, mainly that i didnt understand any of it -_-;;. After using his thread to help me figure out a concept that makes sense to me i have finally got it to work. (His seemed to be the only one that fixed the ball going through other balls).

Anyways PLZ tell me if u find any bugs with the CUEBALL COLLISION. Keep in mind the pockets dont work and that the ball(1) doesnt collide with the cueball.

clean_billiards.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  clean_billiards.rar
 Filesize:  272.61 KB
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 am   Post subject: RE:Billiads (pool) Alpha

Why don't you do the pockets? It shouldn't be hard. And no, we don't see too many pool games around. Maybe a few over the school year, it isn't a popular project. Will download soon, it's late right now and I'm tired.

Why doesn't ball (1) work? Have you not coded it or is it bugged?
monkow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54 am   Post subject: Re: Billiads (pool) Alpha

lol well i've just recently figured out the other cueball collision and ive been working on it for 2hrs so i took a break. thats y the pockets, and ball(1) doesnt work.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:58 am   Post subject: RE:Billiads (pool) Alpha

Break? What? Nah, that's just me. I program for hours just for fun. I never get bored/tired of it.

Be sure to remember that on this forum, single-letter words other than 'I' and 'a' are generally frowned apon. ('y' is not a word Razz)

~Insectoid
gitoxa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:03 am   Post subject: RE:Billiads (pool) Alpha

Be sure to test your submissions before you post them. Download Turing 4.1 to properly compile it.
monkow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:37 am   Post subject: Re: Billiads (pool) Alpha

k heres the .t since i cant seem to get the .exe to work -_-;;

clean_billiards.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  clean_billiards.t
 Filesize:  19.24 KB
 Downloaded:  134 Time(s)

SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 am   Post subject: RE:Billiads (pool) Alpha

Yea, the newest turing (4.1.1) doesn't compile right. Use 4.1 instead.

About the game:
pretty good really. I like the clean layout of it without the need for outside images.

About the physics:
add more friction (when slowing down really, maybe)
remember to transfer the momentum, not make the cue ball bounce back.
maybe just a bit more power.

Other than that, great job!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Billiads (pool) Alpha

Looks really good! Like SNIPERDUDE said, when the balls collide, make the cue ball lose a LOT of speed and give the other ball a lot more. It feels like it's rolling through paint. Green, computer-generated paint.

It'l be pretty fun once you get the pockets and other balls coded in.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: