Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Any Konqueror pros here?
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
btiffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 pm   Post subject: Any Konqueror pros here?

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to call up konqueror from the command line so that it opens a new tab in an existing instance if one is running. Any clues?

The goal is to able to
code:
$ konqueror --somemagicoption newurl

from within the embedded terminal window. I'm finding the combination to be a power house productivity boost, but now I'm jonesin' to wrap something so the REBOL BROWSE function will call up the konq and add a tab and not create a new instance.

I'll be experimenting with the --profile cli args, but I thought I'd ask here first. (Any info you smarties may have on DCOP and the kioslaves would also be appreciated). Again, I'll RTFM but I'm also a fan a AAFH Ask A Friendly Human sometimes. 3.5.9 by the way.

Cheers
P.S. Anyone jonesin' to break into the Open Source world, the user guide to Konqueror is woefully incomplete. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Unforgiven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Any Konqueror pros here?

I played with this a while, but I didn't see anything - odd, I really was surprised it isn't obvious. I'm going to pass this along to some friends, we'll see if we can find some answers.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: