Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
aurickQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 am   Post subject: Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

Graphics were taken from Portal: The Flash Version on WeCreateStuff.

I tried to sort out all of the bugs in the game, but there probably still will be a couple remaining.

Have fun!

Very Happy

Portal 2D - Aurick Qiao.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Portal 2D - Aurick Qiao.rar
 Filesize:  267.22 KB
 Downloaded:  640 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 am   Post subject: RE:Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

You should probably mention that it requires PyGame before it'll run.

It's a pretty fun game, well done.

+bits
Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:52 am   Post subject: RE:Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

Good game. I assume you got your inspiration from the flash game. Good job! Hope that's the first post of many!

BTW, what the heck is up with that last level?
Zeroth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:35 am   Post subject: Re: Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

Okay, just a small platform compatibility issue. Wink I use linux, and there we use / for path separation. So the smart way is to import os.path, and use os.path.join('graphics', f). Create a simple factory function to do it, to avoid duplicating code.

That way, no matter what OS they use, the paths should work. Smile Otherwise, pretty decent.
shaon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

wow, very nicely done. Very smooth animations as well. I didn't get to play it at school, but Tigz told me it was really fun ^_^, turns out to be so true. I'm going to be posting mine up between 20th -23rd. This section is so empty, might as well add some really fine projects Smile
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

Great work! I played the flash version a while back, it wasn't to bad! There are some physics problems (Teleports me to the wrong spot).
andrew.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 am   Post subject: RE:Compsci Gr 11 Final Project - Portal 2D

Very nice! It is very good compared to the original flash game.
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: