Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HTML code
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mario64mario

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 pm   Post subject: HTML code

I just started an HTML based website, and I installed CuteNews, but I seem to have a problem. I can't figure out how to translate the RSS feed into HTML so that I can display the news on my site. Does anyone know where I can go to translate the code?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dragan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm   Post subject: RE:HTML code

I didnt understand, what do you mean when you say that you dont know to translate rss feed? Explane.
Zren

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:53 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML code

If your talking about this site [CuteNews], then it doesn't appear to run off an RSS feed. Instead it seems to be using PHP to access and modify everything. So hopefully your server can handle PHP. If your already dealing with PHP and got that running fine, you should open the README.htm in the ZIP. There's a few things you can put in you .php files. The most basic seems to be:

code:
<?PHP
 include("path/to/show_news.php");
?>
mario64mario

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML code

Ah. It's okay. I fixed it. I put the original PHP code it gave me into my HTML coding. I uploaded the HTML file, and then edited the extension to '.php' Thanks for the replies! =D
Parliam

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:20 am   Post subject: Re: HTML code

you can writing a XML conplain engine to translate RSS Feed......that's a way of all .....
mario64mario

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:49 pm   Post subject: RE:HTML code

It's okay. With the way I setup the index, it's much easier to insert the code in PHP and change the extension that to translate it.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: