Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Text document
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonnu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 pm   Post subject: Text document

while i was at school today i relized how to run the command screen by using text document and i am now wondering what else i can do with text documents for programming if anyone can give me a website or a simple breakdown of what i can do (doesn't need to be a complete idiot tutorial i can pick it up easy).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Text document

You are probably talking about batch files. Just search on Google.
Nyrd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Text document

Did you do it by saving the text with ".bat" at the end?

If so, search Google for batch files, batch language and such.
Also, you can open cmd.exe type "help" and see what pops up.

In a nutshell though, if you have the right privileges, you can do anything that you could do on the windows GUI.
It's also a good way of getting around security measures as well. Wink
Jonnu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Text document

iight ty i'll look into it and try to get better but Nyrd is windows GUI free?? or do i have to persay "buy it"
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Text document

"Windows GUI" refers to the windows, buttons, scrollbars, and other Graphical User Interface (GUI) elements you see on the screen when you are running the Windows Operating System.

It comes with Windows, and you can write programs that use it in any number of programming languages to produce a graphical application (i.e. a program that has a windows with buttons, text fields, etc.)

You seem to be talking about writing scripts in something called the "shell" - the Windows Command Line (cmd.exe). That uses a specific programming language to let you easily and quickly accomplish tasks. It does not have the buttons and scrollbars and graphical dodads, but it's easier to code *because of that*.

All of this is free, and comes with Windows. It's worth noting that you can get improved shells, with more powerful commands, either by running a different operating system, or installing MinGW, Cygwin, or similar products.
Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Text document

when he said Windows GUI he just meant window explorer, basically all the point and click stuff of windows. deleting files, making directories, running programs, etc.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: