Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Queens or Mcgill for CS?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
keyworks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:33 am   Post subject: Queens or Mcgill for CS?

Hi, I'm a year 12 student from Hong Kong currently doing the IB. Right now I'm considering my options for higher education and have narrowed it down to CS but the problem is I am having trouble differentiating between the CS programs from Queens, McGill, UBC - I've heard many good things about Waterloo, but how do the other schools compare? should i be looking somewhere else?

Also as a general question, on what basis should I decide upon which university i should apply for in CS, should I look at what they offer specifically in the program? or should i look at general prestige/reputation (does that even correlate with the quality of the programs?).

Opinions would be appreciated, thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 am   Post subject: Re: Queens or Mcgill for CS?

I went to Queen's for CS. There is a fair amount of Chinese people in CS. Be warned that there are almost no CS courses during Spring/Summer. You should check the Academic Calendar to see which program is right for you. Be sure to check if you can find good electives. If there is a 4th year CS course you are interested in, try to take it in 3rd year (there are several reasons to do that).

You may want to check out U of T. I was impressed by their courses when I went there for summer.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: