Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 graphic equalizer coding in VB?
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Igneous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 am   Post subject: graphic equalizer coding in VB?

hello im working on a graphic equalizer in visual basic but ive run into a few problems while doing this, first:

1. does anyone know any sort of syntax to use when trying to fetch properties of a file? example a wav file with how long the time of the file is? i need to know this so that i could use a progress bar to slide across coherently with the song or sample as it plays.

2. Im trying to figure how can i possibly modify audio signal frequencies in visual basic where audio commands are lacking. i know as much as the logic of having an array for frequencies 20 - 16 000 hz, making the array have 15 980 slots for data. and too boost the frequencies i know it will have to increase or decrease exponentially as a normal graphic equalizer does.

this is my logic so far of how i go about doing this, but how do i actually access the data stream from the wav file so that i can edit audio signals either boost/cut them as an actual equalizer does?

any help or advice would be appreciated, hope there are some audio nerds here like me that can help me with this Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: