Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 how to program flash?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
HeavenAgain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:02 pm   Post subject: how to program flash?

flash is programmed under ActionScript? or something else?
and where can i get the program/environment? to write the script? Embarassed
thanks Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 pm   Post subject: RE:how to program flash?

Flash does indeed use Action Script as its language. You need to fetch a copy of Flash CS3 or whatever they're calling it now.
jeffgreco13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm   Post subject: Re: how to program flash?

Unfortunately rdrake is right you need a flash platform from Adobe (since they bought Macromedia). Gets pretty pricey for the full CS3 interface but it is the only one that allows you to use ActionScript 3.0.

(Pm me I have some useful info) Cool

You know what would be kind of interesting tho for someone who's not willing to fork out to $700 retail for Flash CS3, legitimately, would be like a light version of flash that uses a light interface for scripting. Sacrifice some of the tools and such but most objects are editable using AS anyway. Offer that at like half or even quarter of the price.
btiffin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm   Post subject: Re: how to program flash?

If you don't mind learning REBOL scripting; David "Oldes" Olivia has written a RSWF application for generating .swf files.

http://box.lebeda.ws/~hmm/rswf/

He does not advertise this as a 100% complete solution, but man o' man is it a nice development environment.

Cheers

Note; there are other freebie swf writers, and now with Open Screen, Flash development IDEs could well be everywhere right shortly.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: