Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Retrieving String(Long) from Database, Specific Location
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nigrev

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:58 pm   Post subject: Retrieving String(Long) from Database, Specific Location

I tried the search engine to find any information on this matter, but I had no luck in finding that which fits my situation.

I have a connection to a database established and I have used it to let the user input information. I have the information displayed as a datagrid on the form. I want to retrieve data from a certain cell and display it as a label when the user clicks a command button. Here's the catch: the user only has to select the row, or a cell from row, that the data is on. The reason being is that the column that holds the retrieved data is hidden.

Ex: User inputs an item name, price, manufacturer, and the product description(type memo(long), and the data to be retrieved). All that information is stored into a database file located in the same folder the project file is in. That information is also displayed on a datagrid, with the Description column having a width of 0*table.width(essentially, zero; its totally hidden). That is becasue the Description will be displayed on a label underneath the grid when the person selects(or highlights) the approprite row and presses a command button.

I can give you more information, and even the source code. Unfortunately, the source code does not have any programmers comments yet.

VB 6.0
MS Access 2000 database file
ISP project
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: