Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Visual Basic File Browser!~ Need help w/ Searching for Files
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Megatokyoguy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:25 am   Post subject: Visual Basic File Browser!~ Need help w/ Searching for Files

Hey CompSci!

Been awhile...

anywhoo, another GSP ! My group and I are planning on creating something for organizing files and applying properties and the like. It'll display files that you can move around, sort by different properties (size, format etc.) Shocked

We're well on our way (sort of) but can't figure out how we're going to include a search feature. We want to be able to type in the name of a file or a single letter (kind of like the windows search feature) to locate files Idea

We'd also like to limit display by certain types via a drop down menu bar.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appeciated.

We're not asking for code, just general forms if you may have them or ideas on how to make this work!

It's due May 30th btw so i'll check in often!

THANKS SO MUCH
- MTG Mr. Green
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CDawg

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:08 am   Post subject: Re: Visual Basic File Browser!~ Need help w/ Searching for Files

Hey,

To make a browse button it's pretty simple, first just go to the toolbox and right click, then select components and then choose microsoft common dialog control (unfortunately it won't work on the school computers) then using the new common dialog in the toolbox make one on your form, then make a command button (which will be the browse button) and then put "CommonDialog1.ShowOpen" (CommonDialog1 being the name of your common dialog) and it should act as a browse button
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: