Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ali_dada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:25 pm   Post subject: Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course

Hello all,

I will be taking the following course at University of Guelph (Humber College campus, Toronto) during the summer semester:

Course code: DCCT*4080
Name: Network and Cryptography

Has anybody taken/taking this course? Any thoughts, tips, hints. Which programming languages do they use in it?

How is the course in terms of workload and difficulty of the material?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jernst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course

Hey haven't taken the course before but I applied to be the TA for it. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but it was publically available on the guelph cis department website so I'm assuming its alright:

A good background in number theory and cryptographic algorithms such as
DES and RSA, as well as hashing (SHA and MD5), authentication and digital signatures. Working
knowledge with Java and SSL, JCA, and JCE. The ability to communicate mathematical and computer
science concepts to students effectively, both written and verbally
ali_dada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course

what's the URL for the description. I wanna scour that page for extra tid bits.
jernst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course

http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/files/jp%20gta%20spring%202008_1.pdf

They usually take it down close to the start of the semester so I don't know how long it will stay there
ali_dada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Guelph University (Humber): Taking this course

Ah, I get it, those were the requirements for the TA...I am assuming they will teach the students. I will just brush up on me Java skills as I haven't touched Java for a year now.

Hope you get the job man, good luck.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: