Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Parts?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mackie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 pm   Post subject: Computer Parts?

Does anyone know of a good computer part supplier that ships to Canada. Newegg doesn't ship to Canada. Sad

I want to try my hand at building a PC.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheFerret

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:04 am   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Your best bet is Ncix.com, overnight shipping for cheap and each part is cheap as well... Next up would be tigerdirect.ca
Mackie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Nice! This looks like a farily good site. (Ncix). I just don't trust TigerDirect...
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Canada Computers is also pretty good.
jernst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:53 am   Post subject: Re: Computer Parts?

I've used tigerdirect, NCIX and Canada Computers, theyre all pretty good. If you end up going with tiger don't expect to get any rebates back quickly if at all :S. And recently I've had some problems with them. They said they shipped my video card but UPS said they didnt get anything from them yet so I had to argue with them before they sent another one :S it was a pain but it got worked out so I guess it could have been worse.
Vermette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Add my support to NCIX. Competitive prices, fairly good shipping options, and as a bonus they ship out of BC, so as long as you are also not in BC you don't pay PST (8% in Ontario) on your goods! I recently built a new box shopping exclusively through them.

Tigerdirect advertises some really good deals, but you get PST, and they always seem to use the most expensive shipping.
jernst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:26 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Computer Parts?

Vermette @ Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am wrote:

Tigerdirect advertises some really good deals, but you get PST, and they always seem to use the most expensive shipping.

True, they used to have really cheap shipping, you used to be able to get next day shipping for like 10 bucks before 9-11 but since then, they seem to have switched alot of their stock to warehouses in the states and now with border crossings it has gotten rediculously expensive Sad
Mackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Ok I think I have picked out a nice mother board. What fo you folks think?
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25851&vpn=P5K-E/WIFI-AP&manufacture=ASUS
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Parts?

Thats a solid board, what processr are you looking at?
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Parts?

Timmy[ the turtle ], didn't quite agree with that mother board so we've decided on a better one.

Motherboard

Here are some other parts I've decided on, tell me what you think:

Case and Power Supply *Already Purchased*

Processor

Screen

DVD Drive

RAM

Graphics Card
**** I haven't picked out a hard drive yet. But other than that I think I have everything I need there.

EDIT: I think I found my future hard drive. Very Happy
Hard Drive
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

Nice stuff, how big of a HDD do you need, I'd assume at least .5TB

http://www.ncix.com/products/productdetail2.php?noheader=1&sku=27144

Seagate makes nice HDD's, have one myself, works as good as you'd expect an HDD to, and its 500GB.

Wow, you picked the exact same dang HDD I did. Shocked Are you stalking me? <_>
syntax_error

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

so whats you totally coming to?
HellblazerX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Parts?

I think it would be best if you looked for some of those motherboard + cpu bundles. Currently, your motherboard, CPU and RAM total to about $500, but there are such bundles that go for less. I wasn't able to find any combos with the specific motherboard you wanted, but if you took the time to look for a good bundle, you could save yourself a whack load of money.

On a side note:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3827767&Sku=MBV-X38-2600A
seems like pretty good deal
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

I can drive to an NCIX outlet in about 15 minutes. Smile
Mackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:52 am   Post subject: RE:Computer Parts?

What's better: Nvidia SLI or ATI Crossfire? I found some bundles I like but, they are all ATI. Sad
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: