Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Does Waterloo mind if...
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:28 am   Post subject: Does Waterloo mind if...

I take a required math course (like advanced functions) in summer school or night school? (not repeating the course, just taking it)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:15 am   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

Have you called and asked?
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:37 am   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

write that on your AIF. and you'd probably have to take calculus too.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

it definitely hinders the acceptance process, as they've got to make a decision before you even start taking a required course. Though I think the AIF has a section to explain your summer/night school courses.

Clayton has the best advice by far though. Call and talk to some people in admissions.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Does Waterloo mind if...

Waterloo has it's own distance education courses for high-school students who plan to apply but have not fulfilled the requirements in high school. If they have the course you want, consider taking it from them. Here is their site: http://de.uwaterloo.ca/preuniversity.html
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

I thought it didn't matter when you took the course, as long as you took it, and have th credit.
SJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

hey, thanks for everyone`s reply, Im in gr 11 right now so im not applying yet.

I took a look at the AIF form, it does have a section that says that if i took any course in summer, night, or online school id have to write a reason down.. i`ll email them and see how much different it actually is to take a course outside day school.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

CodeMonkey2000 @ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:03 pm wrote:
I thought it didn't matter when you took the course, as long as you took it, and have th credit.

Well, Waterloo has admitted to caring about which school the student comes from, so I imagine taking the course at summer/night school would also have an effect.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
aevangel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

Well you'd also have to take into consideration what mark you are going to achieve in summer/night school.

I think that would have a precedence over the fact that you didn't take a certain course in day school Wink
SJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Does Waterloo mind if...

Here's the email reply from Mrs. Kim Boucher,the Associate Director of Admissions at Engineering Undergrad Office, for people who read this thread in the future.

"Thank you for your interest in Software Engineering at Waterloo.

We don't penalize for night or summer school courses (unless they are repeated), although a full load of regular day school courses may better prepare you for the challenges of our program."

and thanks to every else who replied.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: