Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Keyboard Throwing Competition held in Russia
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:38 am   Post subject: Keyboard Throwing Competition held in Russia

No, I an not crazy, its the rest of the Russia I'm visiting. I'd post pictures too, but there seems to be only a single source on the net about the whole thing (its a uk hosted site too... maybe I just cant spell keywords in russian Confused ) and they dont have any pictures Sad Maybe I can find some later.

Anyway, this is the second year this event has been held (they gotta have a site or something...) with over 100 participants.

According to published rules - "a keyboard should be flung with a right or left hand, without any body turns". So you can't hold it by the cord swining it over your head, as many probably imagined.

It became known that if you throw a keyboard for other 10 meters, it will fall apart into an unreparable state (assuming you're practicing outside, not indoors). The record distance is over 17 meters.

There was also a mouse kicking competition going on, but I have no information on that.

Ofcourse there were prizes. Naturally the first place was a keyboard & mouse set to replace those ruined in the competition (contestants had to bring their own).

sources:
http://www.networknews.vnu.co.uk/News/1134464
and local TV & radio
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm this sounds liek a wholesome activity ... I will have to make a trip to the local computer shop and purcahse a cheap keyboard to throw around Laughing
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol....this is purty funny
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

russians are fucked up! Laughing
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... tony's russian!!!! Laughing
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if he wuz he woulda destroyed his keyboard tryin to type Wink
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no... seriously he is russian...
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

k...i took it the wrong way then
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the most fun i ever had with computers was throwing old computers from my highschool into a dumpster at night and watching the sparks fly!!! Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: