Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 penalty on retaking courses for UW
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Oropher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:27 am   Post subject: penalty on retaking courses for UW

I am applying to SE and CS for Waterloo...
As Western Unis here have no regard for repeating courses(I am from BC so offer might not be out till April, May), I got 90+ for math but was not satisfied and took an online courses
as it is hard to concentrate when I only have to go there every two weeks, I basically studied only on my way to unit tests and got pretty much the same mark
As for physics and chemistry, I took both regular at summer school to get an overview and took the APs at school
Currently, they are much higher than my previous marks in summer school(all in the 90s)
For information, both my english and AP Calculus AB are 80+
my programming class, actually my lowest score is 79 because I did not hand in majority of the assignment and depedended mostly from my exam mark
Not sure if academic courses like History 12 or Japanese 12 can be used (95+)
I have work and club activities and got a few certificates for math contests like Fermat
I am just wondering what is the worst penalty Waterloo can impose on my average and what is my likelyhood of getting in with that average?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:20 am   Post subject: RE:penalty on retaking courses for UW

By now, why the hell are you worrying? You have a 90+ admission average by the sound of it, so here's a little tip: DON'T STRESS ABOUT IT!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:46 am   Post subject: RE:penalty on retaking courses for UW

If you submit your AIF you'll have room to explain why you repeated any courses you did. Do that and I'm sure you'll be fine.
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:55 am   Post subject: RE:penalty on retaking courses for UW

just explain why you had to repeat it. it sounds like your marks were decent before you retook them so I can't really understand why you did that, but they will see your first marks as well.
so for sure don't stress about it
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: