Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mcmaster?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
justin6768

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:42 pm   Post subject: Mcmaster?

Hey everyone just wondering what you guys think of Mcmaster for computer science.

thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Mcmaster?

I didn't apply there or anything but one of my friends is in a computers related program there (not sure exactly what it is) and he says it's pretty good and I know quite a few people who have applied to it this year.
personally I'm set on Waterloo Smile
I'm probably not the most knowledgeable ... I'm sure some other people on here will know some more about it
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Mcmaster?

Programs under McMaster's CAS: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/CALENDAR/year2007/sec_203.htm
justin6768

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

Thank you guys both for your input.

Anyone else have an opinion about Mcmaster? I'd really appreciate it
rituajg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

i dont know much but i applied there and have not recieved any correspondence from them
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Mcmaster?

they've started accepting for engineering there already. my friend got accepted to chem eng there.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

rituajg @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm wrote:
have not recieved any correspondence from them

The acceptances go out in batches from as early as February to May. Though all Universities send out acknowledgments of having received your application. If you have not received any mail from them, it might be in your best interest to inquire if everything is in order.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
MichaelM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

I got accepted to computer science at McMaster, but to tell you the truth I don't know much of the details. Im most likely going to Waterloo, and McMaster was just a backup plan. Sorry I cant offer much help. However, I am also curious about it too, I'll keep an eye on this topic.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jernst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 am   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

I was looking into McMaster a bit for grad studies and research-wise it seems like they are computer engineering focused. They have research groups for software quality, optimization and algorithms so that might be some kind of indication on what the profs will try to push when teaching you in undergrad.
DIIST

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 am   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

btw, i guess this is a bit late but mcmasters cs cource is now under the engineering department. So starting 2008 all cs students will have a general first year along with the other engineers. X3.
You branch of into software eng or cs only in secound year. I just got around to filling my app. Software Eng and Game Design. Rolling Eyes .
coreyxjessica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:37 am   Post subject: Re: Mcmaster?

DIIST @ Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 am wrote:
btw, i guess this is a bit late but mcmasters cs cource is now under the engineering department. So starting 2008 all cs students will have a general first year along with the other engineers. X3.
You branch of into software eng or cs only in secound year. I just got around to filling my app. Software Eng and Game Design. Rolling Eyes .

That is actually incorrect, the engineering majors require completion of engineering I, CS I will not be allowed for engineering majors.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: