Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Emergency Maintenance
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:04 pm   Post subject: Emergency Maintenance

Our server is having some unknown hardware problems causing random reboots and loss of packets so we are going to have our data center pull it off the rack and do tests on all the components and replaced them if necessary. This means all services provided by Computer Science Canada will be down in till the testing is over.

This down time will happen 10PM EST and could last an hour or two.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:10 am   Post subject: RE:Emergency Maintenance

There server is still highly unstable right now, so it will be going up and donw for the next few horus. I will update more when everything is working or at least some what stable.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Emergency Maintenance

The server is now about 90% fixed. There still might be a few outages this week as i fix the last problems and trying to get everything 100%.

The problem was a fryed motherboard casuing random power loses. It was replaced last night with a newer one witch caused a bunch of new problems. The kenerl had to be recomplied for the new hardware and then all kinds of other things needed to be recomplied and/or reconfiged for the new kernel.

All the main services should be up, some e-mails sent in the last 24 hours may have been lost tho. If you see any new errors or bugs let me know ASAP.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: