Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Best language to use
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tubs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:10 am   Post subject: Best language to use

I'm starting to make an artillery game (like worms, tank wars, scortched earth, etc). What do you guys think the best language to use would be?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:02 am   Post subject: RE:Best language to use

that depends on your strengths, weaknesses, what you want to achieve (with the game) and what you want to learn along the way.

in terms of programming, "best" is often very subjective.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Tubs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 am   Post subject: Re: Best language to use

Learning anything along the way isn't a problem, thats one of the reasons why I want to do this project. The game is going to need substantial graphics, and possible network and database support. My first thought was to use C# but I thought I would get your opinions on it. What language do you think worms was written in?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Best language to use

C# should do well -- you can load the XNA framework and a plugin for just about every engine you don't want to write yourself Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Tubs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Best language to use

Tony @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 pm wrote:
C# should do well -- you can load the XNA framework and a plugin for just about every engine you don't want to write yourself Wink

I`ve been looking at the XNA framework and it says its only `official supported` by visual studio 2005. I have visual studio 2008 available, but i don`t see any info regarding the compatability between the two. Do you think it would work?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Best language to use

no idea.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Best language to use

Try it and see, and downgrade if you have to.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: