Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 accessing tripod mysql from another server
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:17 pm   Post subject: accessing tripod mysql from another server

ok now i found a webhost suitable for me that supports php but it doesn't have mysql database but i still got my mysql database installed on http://members.lycos.co.uk/computergods is there a way to access it from my new website?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EDIT:Woops, sorry i mess understood you hehe.

Do you want to like access meaning, edit databases and etc?
If so you could use phpmyadmin :/

http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/

And if you want it for your lile phpbb to run it and etc.
You could just change the MySQL host to the lycos mysql host Confused
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah... nvm i got a better mysql database at http://freesql.org it's a good mysql host... Very Happy
thx for trying tho... and i remember u saying that if i send a code to SF tehy'll gimme free website.... what kinda code? i can send little tutorials or something? how can i send?
TY
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, you create your own script/program and register at sourceforge.net

Then create a new project they will check it ( the sf staff ) and if approved you will recive an email on what to do and etc Smile

amailer.sf.net got declined when i first tried cuz..it was to unsafe to have a DEMO -.-! Confused

anyway if its declined they will you what to do to get another chance Smile
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well i could send em a demo of the 3d engine that i'm working on... would that work?
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but then the site they give u is only for ur 3d engine
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

basically Sourceforge.net is a open source repository. You register your opensource project there, cuz they don't mind hosting it for you (for free).
All they want to do is promote the development opensource products.
They provide you an account with a cvs server where u and ur development team (if u have one) can work on that project concurrently.

one thing you have to keep in mind.. you'll need to register with them per opensource project. and u need to release ur code.
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: