Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 which uni's are good
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dark Mist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:43 am   Post subject: which uni's are good

I wanted to know which uni's are good for software programming other than waterloo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as far as universities go, you should make an appointment with your school's guidance counsillor and see if they'll hook you up with that ouap book that lists all the universities in ontario and what programs and stuff they offer (our's did it automatically, but I dunno how it works at other schools)... but from what I have heard and seen from touring the school, carleton has a pretty nice set up
I've also heard that u of toronto and ottawa u are pretty good
what I would do is get a list of the universities that offer the program you want and then check out their websites to find out what the program at their school is like and decide from there

but I wouldn't limit yourself to only university if you're sure it's programming that you want to do in your life.... take a look at some of the colleges as well. the biggest difference is that university is more theoretical and teaches you a lot of stuff for a wider range of things, where college is more hands on and teaches you stuff for a more specific range of things (plus college is usually 3 years rather than 4 and costs a fraction of what university does)... also, when you go for a job, the places probably won't look at whether you went to college or university, a lot of those places will look at how much experience you have and what you have done (which is why coop can be a really useful thing to do)

personally, I chose to go to college, because when I was looking at the kinds of courses I'd be taking in university, it seemed like it'd be high school all over again with taking stuff that bores me to tears and that I would likely never use (and no I'm not just saying that because I didn't get accepted, because I did get accepted to university)
Dark Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow ... thanks Surprised
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: