Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C++ console window
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:54 pm   Post subject: C++ console window

does anyone know how to get rid of the "press any key to continue" line at the end of exection in VC++ when run in the console window
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think there is an option in the compier setings. you could allways put a getch() at end of porgrame and then they whould hit a key then see that Confused
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
octopi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This doesn't occur in your acctual exe file. If you go into your project directory and run the executable file manually, you will not get the "Press a key." thing. My guess is the vC++ uses some sort of 'wrapper' around your program. In which case theres probally little you can do.

But anyways, it doesn't affect your final executable file, so why does it matter?
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah i would think it were convenient to have it there.
Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright ,i'll run the file not through vc++. just so you know the reason i don't want it there is because it make the last line of output look like crap when i run the program through vc++
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok let's say i got this huge array of this structure with some properties... but i want some of the members of the array to have some extra properties is that possible?
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hum.. this seems related to your sub structure thread. Why don't you just use classes? That way you can have some members of the array inherit the parent class and have some of their own properties! In case you cant do that with structures.. but I don't see why you need to use structures over classes seeing as they are very similar.
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SilverSprite wrote:
Hum.. this seems related to your sub structure thread. Why don't you just use classes? That way you can have some members of the array inherit the parent class and have some of their own properties! In case you cant do that with structures.. but I don't see why you need to use structures over classes seeing as they are very similar.

Structure = Class, just with different default settings, so anything you can do with classes, you can do with structures.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL Shocked Shocked Shocked
I posted on the wrong thread... how the hell did that happen... Laughing Laughing
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: