Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Compsci Idea
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Is this a good idea? (look at post)
(Voting is closed)
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
No Opinion
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:41 pm   Post subject: New Compsci Idea

The idea of making Compsci.ca more school orented has come up, and Tony had the idea of making fourms just for each school. the way this whould wrok is each school that whonts one whould get a user group here at compsci, only the users in this gourp could see there schools forum. there whould be a school mod for each gourp/school which whould have the same powers that the normal mods do here but just in there schools fourm. also the school mod whould be respobale for keeping there user gourp for there school good, ie not letting dumass in, ect.

each school whould have a few fourms like. mostly a genreal one and a some for each progaming lague they whont.

we whould like your opione on this idea, and of cores the existing fourms whould still saty just we whould have hiden ones for each shool.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it would b great if i get to mod my skool Twisted Evil... i mean Very Happy
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's a good idea, tho i think we could still keep the general forum with it so that we can talk with each other, while talking with our school friends. Cuz probably we may not know stuff, but other ppl do. so yah..that's my opinion bout it
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all current fourms will saty and all poelop can read them this will just be adding more fourms that are school spifck.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye, that's fine then Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, i apologize in advance if i sound too harsh but honestly, what the hell would be the point of that?! all you're really accomplishing by doing that is dividing a community that is already small enough.

and seriously, why the hell would anyone need a message board for their school? if you go to the same school, would you not see that person just about every day? can you not email/call/visit this person if you need to say something?

really, what's the purpose?
nate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:30 pm   Post subject: no point

Dan, there probably is not point. Although it would be a good Idea, there would be only like 3 - 5 people from each sckewl. 1 mod for 5 people is not nessisary, and making 20 diff. forums for skewl would be lots of work. I would wait till there are more ppl.
Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it's a bad idea just for the fact that if you want help from friends at your school you could arrange for something other then at this site. Also there is only 3 people from my school on compsci and to have all the extra would be big time pointless. So nah I dont think it would be to great of an idea
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dark Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with that too. There is absolutely no point.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the idea was not to divide up the community, but to let schools have a sord of their own compsci forum. Here's what I mean:

My compsci teacher wanted to make a forum for our school similar to mine, and I told him to just use compsci (thats where the idea came from).

Or do you guys remember Delta? He made a compsci forum for his school... The idea here is that all those forums would be hosted on the compsci along with other forums.

What schools will be posting are their assignments and stuff like that. Maybe discussions about school specific problems.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think schools having there own forums isnt a bad idea but
i worry that it might hurt the main sites usage
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats why we put the question up for a discussion... how and why do you think it will hurt the main site?

If you have bandwidth in mind, we're planning on upgrading our plan.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No it's not bandwidth. I don't think that people would end up posting in the school forums. I mean, if you can have the five people in the school forum's help vs. having all of the site's help, most people would choose the big forum.

Just on a side note, it would be cool if you could make it so that at the shop you could 'buy' your own private forum, available only to the members of your choice and (obviously) the site mods.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think its such a good idea, considering even for a school like massey there is only a handful of ppl and there is really no point. but if you guys make it i wont object
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i know i'll be the only one from my school to join... Rolling Eyes
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: