Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Slow marking?
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Saad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:18 pm   Post subject: Slow marking?

How long does it take to get a submission marked, its been 20 minutes

Team name O(256)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

There's somewhat of a backlog going. Sometimes a bad submission stumbles the judge, and it has to be restarted - making everybody wait.

It's probably a good idea to move on to the next problem, and come back later.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Saad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

I see, oh well contests over, must say it ran very well
wensi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

the server is slow and the total scores are wrong
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:16 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Slow marking?

wensi @ 12th October 2007, 6:20 pm wrote:
the server is slow and the total scores are wrong

The scores are right now, i did an update.

By server do you mean the judge or the site? I found the site to be noraml excpete for at the very end when it got a bit over loaded.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wensi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

the judge, it takes like half hour for the judge to mark a question
HeavenAgain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

the submisions before 10 mins closing, are they marked? or not?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

Everything that has been submitted has been marked. The updated scores should be available on the contest page. Let us know if you spot any inaccuracies.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Slow marking?

Wow, those numbers are very, very different. Got to love bugs hidden in plain sight :p

Oh cool, the next contest is on my birth day Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:59 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Slow marking?

HeavenAgain @ 12th October 2007, 9:13 pm wrote:
the submisions before 10 mins closing, are they marked? or not?

As tony side, the contest end time only stops you from being able to submit a program. The judge keeps marking and updating till it is out of submisions in the database.

Also since there was an adding bug in the total score, affter the judge finsihed marking everything i ran a script on the database to make it update the tottal scores to the correct amount. The scores you see on the contest page are the final scores now and they will not be changed.

As for the slow judging i am deftaly going to impment methods to make it faster. It has been pointed out to me that if we make the students output all the tests cases in to one file it will vastaly increases the speed rather then runing the program 5 times for 5 diffrent test cases. Also i whont to make a cluster of judges, either on difrent servers or have muptial process of them on the same computer. Right now the judge is just one process runing on a quad core cpu so it is a bit of a wast.

The other thing that slowed down the jusge like tony side above was bad submisons frezing it up and VB6 applications that did nto respoend to the kill message. I will look in to idoit profing the judge a bit and hopfully it will fix up thesses issues.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: