Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Minesweeper (Final Project)
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RedRogueXIII

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:16 am   Post subject: Minesweeper (Final Project)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could optimize the performance of this? There are a few bugs and the high scores do not save as of the moment but mainly I'm only interested in how to properly implement threads in this.

Minesweeper.rar
 Description:
Minesweeper (Standalone Game)

Download
 Filename:  Minesweeper.rar
 Filesize:  24.61 KB
 Downloaded:  1534 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ultrahex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Minesweeper (Final Project)

Pretty Sweet, My Birthday is June 15th (About, if you are wondering...)

Since you are considering optimization...

First thing, int is not needed for number on Tile, you can use a smaller range of numbers like short.
but I could easily guess that is not what you were wanting to hear.

If you are talking optimization of the clicking and spreading (as in Reveal Tile Method), I do not see much needs for improvement on it, writing out to console is somewhat annoying and can delay the speed in which it takes to actual do the task.

But overall, good job!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: